MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10175 Post(s)
Liked 5,871 Times in 3,160 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
...visualization, like the ones involved in this "earthing" business, have honestly been studied as a method for controlling chronic pain. I could post links, but that would just incite further "woo woo" talk among the science minded. I cannot explain how it works, or even why it works for some people, and not for others. But dismissing visualizations of body energy flow as "just the placebo effect", as a method for reducing your sensation of pain, is a luxury that is usually only afforded to people who do not suffer chronic pain. I first experienced this during and after a weekend spent with Al Huang, doing chi gong. Again, I don't claim any expertise in how or why it works. Thankfully, I didn't need that for it to work. But like I said, that has movement coupled with the visualization. Might be a form of self hypnosis, which also works remarkably well for pain.

I guess I'm kind of surprised, that on a forum with so many cyclists, more of you have not at least experimented with mind/body techniques as a way to increase performance.
Visualization is a legit technique with a believable rationale and some supporting data.
Likes For MoAlpha: