Old 12-19-22, 05:07 PM
Lombard
Sock Puppet

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon, 2017 Jamis Renegade Exploit and too many others to mention.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 863 Times in 573 Posts
Originally Posted by yaw
I am one of those time more valuable than money spent on bike parts people, hence why I rotate waxed chains to save time cleaning and lubing and make fewer trips to the shop or perform worn out part swaps the time saving message doesn't get across to many for some reason.

I keep reading about all the extra time spent for waxing, it's a silly misconception. The time I spend on the bike outside of riding has gone down significantly but such anecdotes by people who are actually doing it, not just me in here either, fall on deaf ears by those who only imagine things.
You are only comparing your hot waxing to your previous drip wax lubes which are pitiful. Nice strawman.

Originally Posted by yaw
The only differentiating factor seems to be the expectation regarding drivetrain cleanliness and low friction performance.
And how many average mph do you expect from your "low friction performance" advantage? Maybe 0.01 mph if that?

And I repeat, neither you nor anybody else here has any real world, real life experience on how many miles your chain lasts with this method. NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON HERE.

Silly.
Likes For Lombard: