Old 12-20-22, 11:51 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1826 Post(s)
Liked 1,703 Times in 973 Posts
Originally Posted by tomato coupe
Wow, three strikes in one paragraph:
1) Parting out the DT240 hubs would have been a neat trick, since the wheels didn't have DT240 hubs.
2) Giving wheels to an employee is not a charitable contribution.
3) Disposing of inventory, by any means, does not give you a deduction beyond the cost of the inventory.

Take a pill dude.
Post number 23 shows a review saying they have DT240's
Sorry for mis-reading the review about this wheelset as actually being about this wheelset.

B) Call it a holiday bonus. Call it theft. Whatever. It's off the books & disposed of with out firing up the shipping department or related costs & the loss is book value. Which anyone concerned about paying business taxes on gains would appreciate.

C) So you believe the total cost of ownership for the 4+ years this wheelset has been taking up real estate in the shop + the acquisition cost + the cost of free shipping + the accrued annual tax penalty of remaining inventory & discount is somehow less than $135?...& the vendor is still making a profit somehow? Absolute best case scenario @$135 he's still on the wrong side of $0

This is stupid. I thought it was a scam. You don't need to blast me for giving my reasons why I thought it was so.

Car dependency is a tax.