Old 12-27-22, 06:53 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8342 Post(s)
Liked 9,183 Times in 4,527 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
Yep.

I drove the same pickup truck for 20 years. One morning, I asked my wife to get in her car and follow me. I drove to the salvage yard, asked what they'd give me for the old truck, and turned over the keys. Got in my wife's car and went home feeling $450 richer.
I bought a pick up when I was 19. Sold it when I was 38 mostly because my then wife didn't like it. Might have been the best car I ever had and a lot of great memories were made. Had another car for 18 years and no matter how I neglected the thing it just kept going. The last few years I even stopped changing the oil. Sold it with 300K miles to a guy who saw it sitting in the yard after I bought another one.

I've given away some of my bikes and sold others cheap. When I sold my CAAD5 after 6 years one of my friends said something like "how can you sell it after all you've been through with it?" Meh. I don't want it anymore.

I sold my touring bike cheap in 2021 after I had it for almost 30 years. A friend of a friend wanted a bike to rehab with after a stroke or something. I hadn't used it in years plus I have another bike with rack eyelets if I ever want to tour again. I never met the guy but I hear he was very happy to get the bike.
Likes For big john: