Old 01-02-23, 12:23 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermes
Happy New Year. Looking forward to a great year of training and racing.
Happy New Year!

For me 2023 will be relatively significant. I'm taking on more responsibilities with the spring series in March (registration in full, BikeReg page, and running reg at the race). I'm happy as I feel like I would have made some different decisions prior, and since I'm comfortable with certain things (like day of race reg), I hope to make it easier for people to try racing.

The next thing is the Missus has gotten a treadmill after many years of talking about it. We've converted the spare room into a fitness room of sorts, allowing me to move my cheap Weider weight station to it as well as add a pull up station. This frees up room in the bike room for two full time Rock N Roll trainers (track and road), the leg press machine, and the CycleOps spin bike (for practicing starts as well as max rpm stuff). I'm going to revise the set up a bit too so the monitors etc are a bit more integrated into the room.

Finally, knowing where Masters Nationals will be, and when, will make a huge difference in planning etc. I can start thinking about it now instead of finding out in a few months where it is etc. The Missus is on board for me to go again, and with my job being much easier in terms of getting time off, I hope that I have an easier time with the logistics for planning etc.

Of course all that wouldn't really help if I wasn't even minimally fit, and I'm finally a bit more than minimally fit. So perhaps I can stay with a group longer than 5 or 6 minutes this year.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson