View Single Post
Old 01-06-23, 01:41 PM
Altair 4

Bikes: 2011 Novara Forza Hybrid, 2005 Trek 820, 1989 Cannondale SR500 Black Lightning, 1975 Mundo Cycles Caloi Racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked 291 Times in 157 Posts
Thanks for all tips and encouragement. I've got my water bottle, towel and change of clothes ready. I don't have SPD shoes to clip in - the 5.10's are gonna have to do. I'm keeping an open mind about it to see how it goes. The instructor seems like a fun guy.

I told my daughter last night she can't chicken out since I'm her ride home. She does ride and is a stronger, faster rider than I am (40 plus years advantage to her!). True story - I took her to Presque Island State Park in Erie to ride the trail around the park a couple of summers ago. I'd guess it's maybe 14 miles around. We rode it once and stopped at Sara's (famous for burgers and ice cream) for lunch. She said, "wanna go again?" I say, "sure, let's go." So we're half way around, me following my daughter. I guy shoots past me without so much as an "on you left." My immediate thought was, "she's not going to let him pass her." The other rider started pulling on her and she just took off, turning it into a race.

Six or seven miles later, I see the guy, on the bike, at a slower pace. Another mile or two later, I see my kiddo. I had two questions - Did he try to pass you? Yes. Did he pass you? The answer was, "please, that just wasn't going to happen." Another milk shake, and we headed home.

Last edited by Altair 4; 01-06-23 at 02:04 PM.
Likes For Altair 4: