View Single Post
Old 01-11-23, 09:40 AM
Chandne

Bikes: 2022 Moots RCS, 2014 BMC SLR01 DA Mech, 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, Ibis Ripmo, Trek Top Fuel, Specialized Levo SL, Norco Bigfoot VLT

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 118 Posts
Tire choice will depend on the rim if your rims are hookless. In that case, you choices are more limited. I have been (on hookless rims) been running the Maxxis Re-Fuse. Tough tires but feel a bit wooden, so I ordered some Pirelli Cinturato Velos. The Continental TLs will not work with my rims but I also ordered those for my bike that has hooked rims. I avoid the Schwalbe Pro Ones and the Conti TRs since they appear to be a bit too thin and fragile for me, and I am often far from home but they ride great. Well, I have not ridden the TRs but Contis seem to ride well. Decide if you want outright speed or a good compromise tire that is a bit tougher and durable but still fast enough. A friend is on the ENVEs but recently got them so while they ride well, we have no experience with toughness or durability. Where I live, the roads and paths are very clean so if a tire fails often, it simply sucks...like the Schwalbe Pro One flats I had...very fragile.