View Single Post
Old 01-17-23, 10:02 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 179 Times in 116 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1577:

1" of fresh snow on the ground this morning. Got up early to clear the snow from my driveway, otherwise it would be a skating rink by this evening. We're forecasted to get 6" more snow tomorrow.

24°F with a 15-20 mph headwind. I took the winter bike with carbide studs because of all the ice hiding under the snow. I rode 8 miles out to our company headquarters, and it took me a little more than an hour.

I had heard they did a big study and as a result are redoing/reducing some of the bus routes in my city to better match usage patterns. I was concerned that the route I occasionally use would be on the axe list. I found the city's transportation study and read through the proposed changes. Looks like my route is safe, they're just rearranging a small part of it to add a couple stops previously handled by another route getting the axe. That's a relief.