View Single Post
Old 01-18-23, 09:09 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1578:

Another unseasonably warm morning at 24°F. I'm not going to complain one bit even if the wind was blowing 15 mph in my face.

Weather forecast has us getting up to 8" of snow today, but it's not supposed to start until late afternoon. I decided to ride the winter bike with studded tires as the side streets are pretty treacherous with rutted ice from Monday's rain, combined with yesterday's snow and temps below freezing.

Had to make a detour on the way to work to stop at the hospital for my blood coagulation check. Failed. Bummer. Blood was too thin, which means I need to increase my vitamin K intake and then get rechecked in two weeks.

Stopped to push a stuck truck out of an icy patch. 2wd trucks don't get much traction, and I was barely any help as I couldn't get much traction myself. But after a minute we got his truck moved far enough forward that the tires hit a dry spot and he could then take off. I savored the irony as I hopped back on my bike and traversed the ice without any issues.

Posted my latest bicycle commuting video: