View Single Post
Old 01-21-23, 07:11 PM
redtires
Extra Medium Member

Bikes: Fezzari Empire; State 6061 Allroad gravel; Scott Spark; Specialized Status 140

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by tomato coupe
The Specialized Experience Center didn't kill off the multiple LBSs in Boulder that carried Specialized. And, since everybody complains that TPC has insane prices, they shouldn't take sales from a local shop.
I think (?) Specialized still has MAP enforcement, so pricing should be level I would guess. I mean....I suppose TPC could raise prices, but I think they maks a buck by selling used items above what you would find on CL or marketplace for example. But, the sheer size of TPC's new building is mind boggling...about 140,000 square feet. I've been in there once and it's downright sterile and cavernous. That's a **** ton of stock they could have on hand, something most LBS' can't accomodate. But I dunno....I'm sure things will be just fine, but the owner of the local shop is feeling like there could be some over-saturation issues. A valid concern for a LBS owner, so I get that, and he's been in the business for a long time and is a really good guy. I know "everybody" screams about what TPC sell's used stuff for....but at the same time, their business model continues to succeed...the internet screams about anything and everything anyway.