Old 01-22-23, 01:58 PM
JoeyBike
20+mph Commuter

Bikes: Surly LHT, Surly Lowside, a folding bike, and a beater.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by Bald Paul
...Often times, the issue could be solved with "RTFM" (Read The Freakin Manual) - you know, that book in your glovebox that tells you everything you need to know about how things work in your car? Yeah, the one still in the factory shrink-wrap. That's the one.
I rented a beautiful Cadillac one time (2019) for a long trip (It was my birthday and the car rental company I did all my biz with upgraded me for no extra charge as a "thank you"). First time i had to fill the gas tank I couldn't figure out how to open the hatch. Thought I might have to call 1-800-cad-ilac to ask how to do it but luckily the manual was in a rear door pocket. Now you would figure "How to put fuel in your car" would be somewhere in the first 5 pages, right? Nope, buried on page 260 (of a 300 page manual) was the instructions, and the command to use only PREMIUM fuel in that car ( so much for a free upgrade ).

Wanna know how to put fuel in a Cadillac? Go to the fuel hatch, click the key fob twice to unlock all the doors, then just TOUCH the little door and is swings open on it's own.