Old 01-23-23, 05:08 PM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10250 Post(s)
Liked 5,214 Times in 2,236 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
That sounds like a very different experience than what I remember. Have fun!

Good luck with that - LOL.

I watched the full video (nearly 6 hours - I did speed up through some sections) of the 70+mile gravel event I'm doing in April, and it's clear that I'm going to be significantly unprepared. My only goal is to finish. It's going to be a very long day.

Im actually more concerned about the road race in two weeks. It’s a 31 miles, 3 laps of a 10 mile loop. It has steep descent followed immediately by a very very steep initial climb, that mellows out only a little. It is prolly only about a .5 mile long. The issue is the accordian affect of the hill. On the first lap if you are not in the front, you are screwed. Traffic will be coming down the hill while you are climbing it with 75 riders in the field. So you are restricted to one lane. Really bad crashes last year.

Team leader told me to do cat 3/4 instead of novice because of the amount of crashes.

Im not to concerned about getting dropped, if a group breaks off so be it. I am super concerned about this hill on the first lap. My group ride on Tuesdays we do this hill and I always do my best to make it to the front. I have been stuck in the back and it’s terrible. You have no where to go and essentially come to a dead stop. This section has been keeping me up since I decided to do this race.