View Single Post
Old 01-23-23, 05:14 PM
Sorcerer

Location: '16 StumpJ, Salsa Mukluk, Soulcycles SS, Dean Colonel HT, BMC FourstrokeTrail, Dean Torres CX, Santana Visa Tandem, Trek T2000 Tandem, Cupertino MTB Tandem, FreeAgent26"Xtracycle, Dirt Drop Dingle, Jamis Dragon Dingle, Airborne Skyhag SS, SSDean Cols
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 61 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild
My experience with mountain biking culture has been a little different. Too much weed. I always refused and ended up offending some of the people who smoked that stuff....These were grown up mature adults and not teenagers or some 20 year olds. I eventually stopped participating in their group rides and started riding alone.
Same here.

Didn't bring that up because of the thread topic. Also these activities used to be taboo at certain events.

​​​​​​The lads and some gals too would often call them safety breaks. I began to skip group rides that were more about a party atmosphere than actually doing epic rides.

Now I'm no saint or anything. I think it's fine for people to do what they want as long as it's responsible and in respect of the context.

​​​​​​I should probably go back and read all the pages in this thread. I skipped a few pages.