Thread: Show your Trek
View Single Post
Old 01-26-23, 08:11 AM
ehcoplex 

Bikes: '38 Schwinn New World, ’69 Peugeot PX-10, '72 Peugeot PX-10, ‘7? Valgan, '78 Raleigh Comp GS, ’79 Holdsworth Pro, ’80 Peugeot TH-8 tandem, '87 Trek 400T, ‘7? Raleigh Sports, ‘7? Raleigh Superbe, ‘6? Hercules

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Liked 1,616 Times in 771 Posts
Originally Posted by mountaindave
I got something similar (probably a rebrand from the same company) without the lowers as I already had lowriders. I modified it to mount to the low rider mid-fork eyelet. I also used Raclips to secure the bottom of the front bag and a custom @gugie decaleur so the lack of a tombstone is not an issue. Photos in the link in my sig for the ‘79 710.
That Trek has gone through quite an evolution! I especially liked the brake-arm-as-light-mount.

I've got a VO decaleur that didn't work out on another project that I'll use on this bike, so the lack of the tombstone isn't that big of a deal- however I want to be able to move the rando bag to my tandem too, but that frame is smaller with a taller stem, so I'll need to make/have made some kind of a stem-mounted decaleur that will accept the bag-mounted part of the VO.
Likes For ehcoplex: