View Single Post
Old 01-28-23, 09:15 AM
seedsbelize2

Bikes: 79 Trek 930 is back on the road, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe,87 Schwinn Prelude, 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3258 Post(s)
Liked 1,883 Times in 1,183 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
Is it a hassle? I am planning to take the Habanero to Mallorca in April for the 312.
No more than any checked bag on an international flight. Your biggest hassle will be coming back to the USA. They strive to make customs as difficult as possible. And they do a good job at it
Last time I flew out of IAD, with a bike, there was a special belt to put it on, for oversize baggage. On this note, IAD would have to be my favorite airport to leave, and possibly to arrive at, due to their smooth and efficient operation, though getting out can take some time, with that final immigration check.
And, to finish the rant, air travel, in general, is something I'd very much like to put behind me. I was looking at my notes the other day and found that, when my folks were failing, I made six round trip flights to Virginia in one calendar year. Rental cars is another thing I truly hope is behind me. I'm making the trip in June, to Ohio, for a family gathering, and am telling myself it will be my last.

Last edited by seedsbelize2; 01-28-23 at 09:29 AM.