Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2240 Post(s)
Liked 3,434 Times in 1,797 Posts
Originally Posted by NoWhammies
So a couple of questions:

1. Do we think this functionality will be rolled out to all of Garmin's watches as a software update? Such as the 255 and 955?
​​​​
I think they might put the ECG hardware in more watches. In the case of Venu2+, it was known to be embedded in their watch hardware, but I think Garmin had to get FDA approval before they could enable it via a software update.

​​​
2. How much use is the ECG functionality on all of the smart watches out there? Is this more of gimmick to sell watches or functionality that people will actually use?
I thought about that, briefly. I think it is a gimmick.

My wife's Withings watch (which is a big DON'T BUY) has it. She activated it, and we played with it for a couple of days, and haven't touched it since.

I bought a $100 stand-alone one that is a bit better than what is in the various watches, activated it, and played with it for a couple of days, and now I can't even tell you where it is. Hopefully in a desk drawer somewhere. (I bought the Venu2 non-plussed for $350 on sale at REI and then bought this stand-alone ECG thingie separately.)
Likes For Polaris OBark: