View Single Post
Old 01-31-23, 12:06 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2495 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by Classtime
I’d say most of us ride under 16 mph and if you loose 15 pounds off that bike, you won’t need the motor.
I'd say you're right that most people are riding between 8mph to 12mph and quite a few are doing as much as 16mph, but few are doing more and almost no one can do that as an average. But what if you wanted to? You would need a motor. AND you would need to work AS HARD as someone who does not have a motor but is content to cruise <16mph. Why is that a bad thing? They are working AS HARD. Maybe harder, than you? What if your JOB depended on you completing an 8mi one way in much less time than an unmotorized rider? Drive? What if you have macular degeneration and cannot pass the DMV eye exam? What if someone (not you) has a GOOD REASON for wanting a motor on their bike? You would begrudge them that? Human power cycling will not sunset, but is that the right question? Human driving will not sunset either. And all of us are going to be dead or wishing we were in less than 20 years because most of you (I did) wouldn't give up DRIVING for any reason whatsoever. This petty hatred of e-assisted bicycles is just a distraction. Y'all's know who the real enemy here is.
Likes For Leisesturm: