View Single Post
Old 01-31-23, 09:21 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Liked 7,491 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
As for whether differences make Herse and Ultradynamico worth considering, well, that depends on what kind of cyclist you are. Some cats roll around on department store rubber their whole lives, blissfully ignorant of the possibilities.
Originally Posted by chaadster
Don’t trip; Bon Jon ELs with Aerothan tubes are extremely sweet, like 95% as sweet as running them tubeless…if you could. I mean, you can run them tubeless, and I did, it’s just a matter of how much BS you want to put up with to do it. I had one blow off the rim while inflating it, trying to get the beads to lock.

That was the final straw for me, and I happily been running them with Aerothan TPU for +2 years now.
Yes, the blissful ignorance that doesnt give them the chance to be infuriated over tubeless tires that weep more than a widow and wont even stay on the rim during normal inflation. Those peasants simply dont know what they are missing.

Im all for high quality tires and have various brands/models on all my bikes, but the fact that you were forced to run a tube in a tubeless tire because it wouldnt seal AND wouldnt even just stay on the rim? That shouldnt be a vote in favor or a tire.
Havent you had multiple RH tires that had literal holes in the tires too?

Pays a small fortune for tires that are advertised as tubeless yet wont hold air, have visible holes, and wont even stay on the rim...recognizes the whole process is infuriating and total BS, yet is also critical of those buying cheap tires that dont have all these issues.

There is a wide sweet spot between cheap department tires and the money you wasted on tubeless tires that hemorrhage sealant, blow off a rim, and cant even be run tubeless.
Likes For mstateglfr: