Old 01-31-23, 09:54 AM
rosefarts
With a mighty wind

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 862 Times in 490 Posts
Parts have mostly showed up early.

Just waiting on the brakes and torque arms.

But am I?

The kit came with the washers in the picture. This would prevent the axle from spinning. Is it robust enough or should I use the type that clamp along the frame?

This is more svelte. Is there a chance of this levering open my dropouts and damaging my frame?

Other interesting tidbits.

The wheel came with a brake track, so no concern about disc vs rim brakes. I’ll pull the rim strip and deburr the eyelets, then replace with a Velox. It’s pretty obvious that metal edges are underneath and will eventually lead to flats.

My truing stand is at my house, and I’ve been working as a travel nurse for the last couple years, so I’ll just spot true it in the frame.

The kit came with both the brake levers and the sensors to stick on hydo’s. I’ll be using Magura so this will work.

The battery is a tiny bit bigger than anticipated. Sideways, I can fit it under the seat. I may reconfigure how the fender runs to get a bit more space. I’m not seeing a way to make it quick release but it will be simple enough to remove if I take the wheel off.
Likes For rosefarts: