Old 02-03-23, 07:03 PM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
Originally Posted by Barrettscv
1994-ish Simoncini with 10 speed Carbon Chorus $1000 OBO. The bike is in southern Wisconsin not far from Chicago, Milwaukee or Madison. I will ship but buyer covers all costs.
I’m continuing to thin the herd. The 1972 Chrome Schwinn Paramount & a 1972 painted Paramount plus a 1984-ish De Rosa Professional annd a Pinarello Gavia are recently sold. I’ll probably keep my 1971 PX-10 and 1985-ish Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra.

The 1994-ish Simoncini Cyclocross Special is the most fun & most versatile Italian bike I’ve owned. It's a Cyclocross racer from a mid-sized hand-builder. It is Columbus CROMOR tubing using lugs. It fits 700x32 tires easily. It's fast on pavement with a silky smooth ride and it covers firm gravel like a modern Endurance or Cyclocross bike. It's an ideal crushed limestone path & pavement use bike. The frame looks great with no scratches or dents. There is some inevitable & superficial corrosion near the cable housing guides. The tubing is CROMOR and the bike was built with an 8-speed cassette & Ergo Levers in mind. The rear drop-out is 130mm from the factory. . If you think that all steel bikes should have down-tube shifters, please stop reading now; this bike is not for you.

“near new” means the parts were new prior to the build. The bike has 400 miles since the build in 2016.
  • 60 cm seat tube (center-to-top), 57cm top tube (center-to-center)
Campagnolo Athena hubs laced to Mavic Open Pro black finish alloy clincher rims near new
  • Stampede Pass 700X32mm clincher tan sidewall near New
  • THR Cantilever brakes near new
  • Campagnolo 10-speed Chorus Carbon triple Ergo shifters, excellent
  • Campagnolo 10-speed Chorus carbon Triple derailleurs (long cage & matching front) , Excellent
  • Campagnolo 13-29 10 speed cassette, near new
  • Campagnolo Centaur Carbon compact crank 50&34 chainrings Like New
  • Polished alloy seatpost, near new
  • Black Selle Royal Seta leather saddle, near new
  • Campagnolo Record headset & bottom bracket, near new
  • Mavic 120mm stem
Hi, Michael, long time no see! Are you selling that Simoncini as built or are you parting it out? I'm a little confused by your posting.