View Single Post
Old 03-10-06, 01:13 PM
wgibso

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Motobecane experts: a little help?

I just bought this bike for $100 bucks on eBay. It's been repainted (badly, alas) so I don't know anything abou the orginal gruppo, but it currently sports high-end Suntour drivetrain and brakes and Campy Record/Ambrosio tubular wheels. It's noticeably lighter than my Peugeot PX-10.

I've looked around on the Web, and the only other bike I've seen with that style Moto head tube badge was a Team Champion, and the lugs on my bike look similar to that TC. I've checked out the scratches and chips, and I don't see any evidence of orange under the rattle-can black; it looks like it was originally grey or silver. There's no serial number stamped into the bb.

Any guesses as to what I have? Did Motobecane use that head tube badge on bike other than the Team Champion? The Le Champion, maybe? Or did they ever make Team Champions in colors other than orange?

(I bought the bike to ride, by the way, and it's SWEET! so I'm thrilled with it no matter what model it turns out to be. I'm just curious, really.)