View Single Post
Old 02-14-23, 09:15 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4517 Post(s)
Liked 4,212 Times in 2,821 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
Climbing bike for PRs. This bike is also stuck in the big ring. The super low seat will be out of the way (like a bmx bike or mountain bike with dropper post) and its going to be ridden standing up. The gearing will be high so you'll want to stand anyways.

Its like the people who go for a strava PR with the seatpost removed but more sensible.

The ultra light broken seatpost (you cannot buy them this light at this price point) is attractive for this function. Probably gonna slam it all the way down, and once i'm in good shape in a few months ill try to set some personal bests on it.

There are 2 upside down broken bikes in that graveyard pictured above, so im sure I can take a seatpost from there if I decide to turn this back into a sit-down bicycle.

Ooh and by the way that stub left over in the seatpost was like 3 inches, it doesn't take a cervelo engineer to do some napkin math that hints that the post was trashed before the final installation. It would have failed if installed a bit lower, that wasn't the problem lol. People lasering onto that detail are missing the forest for the trees. Also the clamp itself looks kind of cheap and dinky I wonder if that is part of the issue. There is only one bolt to tighten, the style where you have two might grip more evenly. The bolt was noticeably tight, not disturbingly so but I don't have a "feel" for tightening onto carbon like I do for metal so its hard for me to say if it was overtightened.
Ok never mind, I tried to be nice and care a little, I guess you just are trolling us or something. Ugh!

In case someone thinks this is a real thread. USE A TORQUE WRENCH ALWAYS, INSTALL THE SEATPOST WELL BELOW THE MINIMUM INSERTION LINE AND BE TRUTHFUL AND HONEST.
Likes For veganbikes: