View Single Post
Old 02-20-23, 04:35 PM
tendency

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked 171 Times in 104 Posts
Originally Posted by messmer777
I just finished building a really beautiful Rivendell Sam Hillborne set up as a city bike with albatross bars etc. I am really glad to have it finished but I realized something very clearly: I really really dislike working on bicycles and if I never have to do it again it'll be too soon. I have gone back and forth to two different bike stores 6 or 7 times, got sent the wrong parts in the mail, raged and ranted while trying to set up super fiddly crap. Ugh. I figured that others probably can feel my pain and thought I'd just put in a word for paying your friendly local bike shop and enjoying your weekend instead of busting your knuckles and fiddling with annoying junk! ok rant over.
It sounds like you're fairly new to bike mechanics. It gets much better/easier with time and practice. Yes, there's a steep learning curve and many things have 'secret' tips that, once you know, make the job much easier. For me, it's simply too much of a pain in the butt (never mind the $$$) to constantly drag my bikes into the LBS mechanic when inevitably a mechanical issue arises so putting the time & effort in the learn was worth it. It's not for everyone..
Likes For tendency: