Old 02-25-23, 02:46 AM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,829 Times in 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by CyclesMakaron

I see no problem - contact this seller and ask him (at a high enough level of communication and culture) for these two unfortunate photos.
It is, after all, easy - good luck.
Ask the seller? Regarding a possible Merckx Motorola Team bike? Why?

I have all the bikes I need. My comments had nothing to do with being interested in his auction as a potential buyer, whether or not it's a Team bike, or even whether or not he's lying - or simply misinformed. My comments are only in regard to the way in which you and the seller communicated.

Did you ever think of the possibility the seller isn't a bike mechanic, and perhaps doesn't have the tools to remove the fork? Apparently not; you simply assumed his failure to provide a photograph of the card (sticker) you described was a deliberate attempt at subterfuge.

Not everyone who owns and rides a bike turns their own wrenches. Those that do run the gamut from master mechanics who can do it all (including wheel builds), to shade tree mechanics who know just enough to loosen the seat post and stem bolts to adjust the fit to their preference and/or needs.

DD

Last edited by Drillium Dude; 02-25-23 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Speeling, emphasis, and added missing word(s)