View Single Post
Old 02-25-23, 12:01 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,990 Times in 1,777 Posts
Got back onto this project today. Still trying to sort out the proper wheel/tire solution based on the tight rear end.

Mounted up some new Vittoria Corsa G 2.0 in 700 x 23 size today. Was a bit of challenge finding good 23c skinwall tires this time.

As expected mounting was a bear even after I warmed up the tires. These rims are a bit difficult to mount anything on and the flat, tight Corsa tires where a challange. Had to break out the VAR tire tool for these.

I also dealt with the rim tape issue on these wheels. They had those crappy rubber things on there. I didn't have the right width Velox tape but wanted to get these tires on. So for now I put down a layer of cloth first aid tape and then put the rubber liners back on. I'll order some Velox in so I can do this properly eventually.

If I have time and the right BB I may build this one up over the weekend.

Now there's a reasonable amount of room between the rear tire and the crimped seat tube.

Otherwise these tires clear quite well.