View Single Post
Old 02-26-23, 11:58 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4445 Post(s)
Liked 4,104 Times in 2,739 Posts
It sounds like a cheap "suspension" seatpost that is done. Just get either a proper isolation seatpost from say Kinekt or Cane Creek (if you had too) or just replace it with a rigid post and loads of problems are solved. You might be able to figure out some lube dripping but honestly those posts are rarely worth it and are really poor for riding as they change your position and screw around with your knees. The idea of the Kinekt is to move you down but also back so it keeps you more or less in a similar position for your knees not 100% perfect but loads better than a pogo stick.

I will say without a nose on the saddle a bike becomes harder to ride as well. You do you on that front but I frequently use the nose to move my bike. Also would ask if you have any wrist pain or feel like you are putting more pressure there? If so having a saddle that is not pointed down so you slide off and have to push yourself onto the saddle will help as well.