Old 03-01-23, 06:26 PM
jon c. 

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1591 Post(s)
Liked 1,018 Times in 571 Posts
1) Do you own a bicycle, e-bike, e-scooter, moped
Bicycles only

2) Do you ride in the street with cars passing by?
Always

3) Do you worry about cars seeing you ride in the street?

Not really, but I always ride with good lights

4) Do you ride for work or for pleasure?

Pleasure.

5) Do you stop at red lights/stop signs?

Red lights always. But I only see those when I ride in the city, which isn't that often. Mostly I ride in the next county which does not have any stop lights.
Stop signs I stop if there is other traffic. If there are no cars, I don't bother stopping.

6) Does your bike have any protective gear?

Red lights on tool bag and helmet and a headlight on the front. And I always ride with a helmet.

8) Would you carry a removable or permanently attached safety flag clip?

I can't imagine I would. I think it would likely be too annoying and upset the balance.

9) Expandable or retractable safety flag, to carry like an umbrella?

Probably not.

10) Velcro, clip or screwed on the bike to hold?

No

11) How far or high would it expand to?

That's the problem. Anything high enough and large enough to make a difference would impact ride quality

12) Glow in the dark, flashing lights, sensor sound or all three?

Flashing lights are good. Haven't seen anything glow in the dark that would be bright enough.

13) Would you feel safer riding in the street if it would expand?

I'm not sure what is expanding in this question. If the streets were expanded that would be nice but that isn't going to happen anywhere I ride

14) Would a car driver also feel safer with a distance measuring device to go by?

Not sure what kind of device you're speaking of. Something to tell a driver how far they are from a bike?

15) How much would you pay for such item?

If it was a safety feature I wanted, cost would not likely concern me. If I don't want it, I don't care if it's free. Price wouldn't be a deciding factor;

16) Is there anything I haven't asked?