Old 03-02-23, 08:47 PM
reroll

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildwood
I have a large sized AD Michelle, hi-ten tubeset. My daughter likes it with saddle at lowest. But coming back to me at some point. I made that clear when she 'borrowed' it. There was a large, very clean AD Vent Noir north of Seattle (Bellingham, I think) but the owner would not budge off $1,000. That was a year ago.

AD Michelle 1980-ish, I purchased a partial bike ($60), without the original stem&drop bars, saddle/post or wheels, but good condition. Ended up like this for now.

I am more familiar with Puch bikes of that era, Puch having been the entry-level bikes and Austro-Daimler the upper-level bikes, but going by what Puch did with its model changes in those years there is a possibility that your AD Michelle could be a 1985 model. About 1980 through 1984 Puch bikes had Dia-Compe center-pull brakes, Sugino chainsets and Suntour F&R derailleurs and then in 1985 Puch switched over to mostly Shimano components and side-pull caliper brakes. 1985 was also the last year AD and Puch bikes had model names, such as your Michelle, and in 1986 model names were discontinued and AD and Puch bikes became known by model numbers.
Likes For reroll: