View Single Post
Old 03-03-23, 05:48 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 1,790 Times in 910 Posts
Thanks to an annoying persistent upper respiratory infection (NOT Covid), I was off the bike for a bit more than a week before taking the LHT out on the Minuteman this afternoon. The idea was to get a ride on dry pavement before tonight's snow and whatever else messed things up. Arlington Center was bustling, and those on bikes waited patiently for the light to change. Amazing that works as well as it does.

Quiet late Winter day on the Minuteman. But when I got off my bike to take this photo, a pedestrian asked the helpful-silly question, "Are you all right?" I'm afraid I answered, "Yeah, are you?" I'm way over my quota for involuntary participation in that particular genre of fantasy play on the part of my fellow cyclists, and getting it from a pedestrian is simply goofy. Perhaps that was some obscure corollary of "Never get off the bike."

The Night Chorus was tuning up, all those little singers. Frogs at this time of year, at these temperatures? Bugs? Noooo. Birds, sure. Anyway they were tuning up, a couple of hours before sunset. The seams between the Upper, Middle, and Lower shamanic worlds were showing. Pedal rhythm is as good as a drum. Here we go...

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 03-03-23 at 08:25 PM.
Likes For rholland1951: