View Single Post
Old 03-04-23, 02:22 AM
MagnaRota

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Do you have a spring in the saddle? Being almost all of the mass in the system is us, anything which isolates us from the rest of the system will help. After upgrading to the big Walmart seat with the springs in it, the difference going over bumps was noticeable and I could feel the reduced shock on the wheels and frame. I also would never hop a curb or do anything resembling that.

Originally Posted by Grudey1
Just an update... Got down to 270 so far. To date I have had zero issues with the frame and wheels. Rode a little over 3,000 miles last year. I am, however, SUPER careful about where and how I ride. I'm not afraid to put the power down but will always slow way up before approaching significant bumps and even get off the bike instead of hopping a curb.

Not for nothing but I have realized I don't love riding on the carbon frame. It seems harsh to me. To be fair, having straight-pull spokes may be a contributor. Either way, this probably won't be my "forever bike." I would prefer to go back to aluminum or a light steel frame. Just me.
Likes For MagnaRota: