View Single Post
Old 03-07-23, 03:50 PM
msu2001la

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1465 Post(s)
Liked 1,491 Times in 874 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
These results particularly caught my eye. Given that speed in Zwift is ostensibly a function of power output, rider mass and height, and imaginary incline, I can't see how it's possible to do that climb at 28.4 mph pushing 23w. For that matter, I don't see how it's possible to do that climb at 28.

I'm curious what the cheat is that allows SO MANY riders to ALL do it in 1:11 at 28.4 mph. According to Bike Calculator, a 100 lb rider on a 16 lb bike would have to put out 700w.
Did you look at any of those rides? Is the entire ride suspicious or just that particular segment?
I'd put my money on a glitch/software malfunction of some kind, rather than malicious cheating. 4 of those happened in a 4 day period. All of them in 2021?

EDIT: I didn't check all of them, but the first handful seem to be from group meetup rides. I've seen some weird stuff happen with "ruberbanded" groups on Zwift, which is designed to keep a group together regardless of how slow the slowest rider is. It's entirely possible that riders fell behind a lead rider and got pulled up this hill at a ridiculous pace as they system banded everyone back together. This probably gets weeded out of Zwift data, but not Strava. Regardless, none of this looks like malicious cheating to get a KOM. https://www.strava.com/segments/12109030

Last edited by msu2001la; 03-07-23 at 04:00 PM.
Likes For msu2001la: