Old 03-09-23, 10:40 PM
sjanzeir
BF's Resident Dumbass

Bikes: 1990 Raleigh Flyer (size 21"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 15"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 17.5"); 2019 Dahon Mu D9; 2020 Dahon Hemingway D9

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked 1,494 Times in 496 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
the brakes and steering should still work.
Albeit without servo assist, and you're no longer allowed to turn the wheel to full look (both features are available for a low, low rates of $3.99 and $0.99/mo.)

[T]here are a lot of people trying to figure ways to sell less for more, and the heads of corporations seem to love the idea.
Well, they got bosses, too: Investors and shareholders, and most of them are of the "more, now" variety.

I know some BF folks already think Shimano is evil for changing pull ratios ...
Reminds me of the great, never-ending Canon vs. Nikon debate back in the late 1990s and the advent of digital SLR photography in the early 2000s, when the only social media there were were mailing lists (mostly Yahoo!) and early versions of online forums such as this one. Canon was the evil one for having introduced a new lens mount when they debuted their first EOS auto focus camera - in 1987!) while you could almost see the halo around Nikon's logo for making their old 1950s mount work with auto focus, maintaining compatibility - albeit limited - among newer and older bodies and lenses. I've abandoned professional/enthusiast photography a long time ago, so I have no idea whether or not the debate has endured to this day, but I'm sure that there will be people who just can't let it go.