View Single Post
Old 03-14-23, 10:36 AM
machinist42
mycocyclist

Bikes: 1964 Schwinn Paramount P-13 DeLuxe, 1964 Schwinn Sport Super Sport, 1972 Falcon San Remo, 1974 Maserati MT-1, 1974 Raleigh International, 1984 Lotus Odyssey, 198? Rossin Ghibli, 1990 LeMond Le Vanquer (sic), 1991 Specialized Allez Transition Pro, +

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 916 Post(s)
Liked 868 Times in 470 Posts
Raining On Parades Each And Every Day

Originally Posted by nvmat
Thanks. It has campag headset, canelli bars and campag headset. These, if original, point at a competition or professional frame. I tried attaching photos of drop outs and fork ends but as new to site I am still struggling to attach photos! Administrator kindly added previous photos. Drop outs and fork ends silver in color and may be campag I think. The guy I got bike off said previous owner had taken it to a special place in Derby…. I wonder if this was a respray at Mercian?
Don't mean to burst your bubble, but as those do not appear to be Campagnolo dropouts, your Holdsworth is probably not a competition or professional frame.

Again, the Catalog suggests the original colour may be a way to distinguish models for 1985. There may be remnants and vestiges on the fork's steerer tube and in the bottom bracket shell. Also, downtube shifter braze-ons differed, and if you upload photos to your album, @juvela should be able to identify them and the lugset and provide a definitive answer on the dropouts, which if they were Campagnolo, would have "Campagnolo" imprinted on them somewhere.

There is no way to know if any of the "bits" are original, and so they are not really useful in identifying the specific model, especially as the frame's been altered and it is likely a respray, and all those bits would have been removed.