Old 03-14-23, 11:51 PM
Kontact 

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4408 Post(s)
Liked 1,561 Times in 1,024 Posts
Originally Posted by Camilo
Thanks. That helps a lot and very intersting. Most new Sram MTB RDs are 1.12 or more. Some of the old ones are 1.1 but that really wouldn't help as far as being readily available. Getting a Microshift replacement shifter or RD would probably be easier - and probably will be. Like I said, this is all theoretical. I'm trying to forsee trying to get the bike back in service while traveling.

Re the R9 suggestion. If I have an Advent 1X9 and the shifter breaks, the R9 wouldn't work unless I replaced the RD with a Shimano anyway.

I'm still interested in hearing if someone has figured something out like the cable routing workarounds I've seen from time to time. But like I said, this is mostly just curiosity, not actual need.

Keeping a bar end friction shifter in the bag of supplies might be the easiest and smallest way provide an easy temporary fix if the shifter went out or if I had to replace the RD with some Shimano MTB RD in stock at an LBS. And I already have one!

What can I say, I'm a planner.
The problem you might have is that no one makes a bar end shifter that will pull enough cable for a 1.1 derailleur. Diacompe does make this:
ENE 11S THUMB SHIFTER | Diacompe

Doesn't Microshift make a wide ratio derailleur in the old Shimano shift standard?