Old 03-15-23, 10:57 PM
mschwett 

Bikes: addict, aethos, creo, vanmoof, sirrus, public ...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1286 Post(s)
Liked 1,417 Times in 718 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasJen
Interesting. Have you ever challenged one? What if you don't have a license? I do, but so far as I know, there's no place that requires you to have (or carry) a license to ride a bike. Not saying having a license is a requirement for a citation, just wondering about it. Do they actually write down your bike info? Seems kind of crazy to me, but whatever.
no, no license required and no points or any impact to it. the officer just wanted it as a way of confirming identity and address. didn’t write down any bike info, just “on bicycle” where it should have had other info. it was a standard yellow moving violation, but he took pains to note that it had nothing to do with my driving record. the fine payment thing came in the mail and looked just like one for a citation issued to a driver, same payment instructions, opportunity to go to bike safety class instead, etc. didn’t challenge it because I had in fact rolled through the stop sign. ironic since the legislature had just passed an Idaho stop law… but the governor vetoed it. LOL.

i also once got a citation (an infraction I think) decades ago for urinating on a tree in a park in the middle of the night. it too looked just like a moving violation. I had my license with me that time.