Old 03-17-23, 03:36 PM
curiousabe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 113 Times in 28 Posts
[QUOTE=Johnk3;21404384]
Originally Posted by aclinjury
That price is actually a tad lower than when I was asking a US distributor of Barco (which I believe I got quoted for $3900). XCR tubeset back about 3 years ago was $600, so now it's $888 eh.

The base price for Barco's TIG welded XCr frame with a stainless steel curved traditional fork, and one paint color is 2620 euros. You get a choice of brushed stainless or polished finish, and internal or external rear brake cable routing for the same price. Direct mount brakes adds 120 euros, the Viva fork with carbon steering tube adds 250 Euros, the name plate and Italian shield, extra paint colors and shipping (170) each add something adding up to 3330 euros. I don't think I could have spent any more on the frame if I tried. It's a total bargain. I just got the completed bike back from my LBS this afternoon. I will post some photos of the finished product soon.

I have direct mount brakes on the front and back. The Viva fork with the carbon steering tube is their own invention. You can also get it with a steel tube for 100 less.

Cicli Barco also offers a lugged XCr frame with stainless lugs for about 140 Euros more. They have 6 different stainless lug styles for the fork.
Damn, Im looking at cicli barco custom frame right now and the XCr frames have a starting price of 4000 eur ;(