View Single Post
Old 03-21-23, 07:41 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7084 Post(s)
Liked 11,187 Times in 4,781 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
I'm with you on the 530 being a pita to configure. I don't mind the buttons vs touchsceen, but the menu layout is a complete mess. But once configured I found it pretty easy to live with and very useful. I just dread having to dig through the sub-menus to change anything in the setup.

So it sounds like the 1040 was a decent upgrade. My worry with a touchscreen is how it deals with getting wet. Does the interface still work okay in the rain? I expect Garmin considered use in the wet, but it would be good to confirm it doesn't freak out like my Fitbit tracker does in the shower!

Never had an issue with screen contrast either, despite the gloss screen.
After getting my 530 configured, it was a nice computer -- for about four weeks. Then the BT connections started getting very flaky. That one got returned.

I haven't yet gotten caught in the rain with the 1040, so don't know how well the touchscreen will work when wet. I'm not concerned, though, since I mainly use it with my Di2 bike -- and I've programmed the auxiliary buttons (on the tops of the hoods) to scroll through the screens. Also, the 1040 is sooo large that I really have most of the data fields I need right on one screen -- so there's normally no reason to scroll through them.
Likes For Koyote: