View Single Post
Old 03-21-23, 08:33 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4598 Post(s)
Liked 5,142 Times in 3,177 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
After getting my 530 configured, it was a nice computer -- for about four weeks. Then the BT connections started getting very flaky. That one got returned.

I haven't yet gotten caught in the rain with the 1040, so don't know how well the touchscreen will work when wet. I'm not concerned, though, since I mainly use it with my Di2 bike -- and I've programmed the auxiliary buttons (on the tops of the hoods) to scroll through the screens. Also, the 1040 is sooo large that I really have most of the data fields I need right on one screen -- so there's normally no reason to scroll through them.
Thanks, that sounds good. I like a single screen setup and have my 530 set up with everything on one page, but it's a bit crowded to say the least. I've had it for 3 years now and it's been reliable. The nav did have a habit of freezing occasionally mid-ride in the first few months, but a firmware update cured that and it's been rock solid ever since. Maybe I'll treat myself to a 1040 at some point, but it's quite an investment at £520 for the non-solar version.
Likes For PeteHski: