Old 03-21-23, 08:55 AM
Vaughan51

Bikes: Mountain Goat Escape Goat, Rocky Mountain Edge, Salsa Fargo Kona Libre

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Kontact
Going off what oldbobcat mentioned, instead of doing a bunch of calculation, try measuring BB to saddle nose, nose to hood, hood back to BB. You don't need angles to see if you get two similar triangles. If they are different, figure out why. If you know the saddles are in the same spot (height and setback), then it will be easy to use the vertices from the nose and BB to figure out how to move the hoods.

Your comment about seat tube angle - that's why we measure set back. If your set back is right and your saddle height is right it doesn't matter what STA you started with. But you can't change either without affecting the other. Back and down or forward and up.

So double check your saddle positions and then measure the other two parts of the triangle and report back.
So I did measure saddle setback and etc. and they were different - not sure if I did some tweaking and forgot to record it or what. But I took a straight edge and clamped it to the centre of the bottom bracket against the chainring, measured and adjusted the Kona. So now I've got the same saddle setback and nose of saddle to hoods measurements.

At this point I'm got the Kona in the trainer and will ride for a week or two and see how it feels.

Oh and the Stack and Reach for the Salsa and Kona are 690/409 and 660/394 respectively. The Stack to Reach ratio is 1.69 and 1.68 so proportionately they are identical in that respect.