Old 03-24-23, 03:30 PM
Chuck M 
Happy With My Bikes

Bikes: Hi-Ten bike boomers, a Trek Domane and some projects

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 884 Post(s)
Liked 2,321 Times in 1,122 Posts
For my vintage bikes, I prefer a skinny tire. Mostly because when I was a kid, much of what I read was that a skinnier tire rolled easier. I enjoy my vintage bike boom bikes because I like to remember the miles I rode all summer long on my bike when I was in high school and so I equip them as I would have back in the day. The look of the skinnier tires just makes me happy. As most of my miles are not on the older bikes, I don't spend a great deal of money on the best tire or the best riding. Although I do feel like my Pasela 27 x 1.125 tires I have on one bike ride pretty well for what they cost.

The skinniest tire I currently have are 23s on an '84 Raleigh because 23s are what it was born with. And come to think of it, they don't ride too bad either and I think they were like $45 for a pair.

I did put 25s on my one modern bike because the GP5000 tan walls only came in that size and I wanted the retro look that they gave my newest bike. When they need replaced I will probably go back to 32s as this is the bike my longer rides are on and my old body deserves some break now and then.