Old 03-27-23, 09:38 AM
Kilroy1988 

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 982 Post(s)
Liked 1,858 Times in 614 Posts
Originally Posted by Steel Charlie
The scope of his project is beyond encompassing.
I really haven't given any details about the scope of the project because it hasn't been narrowed down yet. I am not sure if I will focus on historic Italian, British, French, Japanese or American brands that are still building classic frames, nor do I know if I will be incorporating elements from outside influences such as the tubing manufacturers. I haven't said anything of the sort yet but obviously I cannot research all of the multiplicity of economic, social and cultural trends which got us from point A to point B over the course of time regarding the diminishing number of steel frames being produced by many of these manufacturers despite what can only be considered a resurgence in interest for steel framed bicycles over the last decade. The market for vintage steel, the desire for more highly customized or modern styles of steel frames produced by boutique builders, economic constraints, and other factors undoubtedly all play a role in answering the general questions I have at this point.

However, saying the scope of the project is "beyond encompassing" is simply a statement of your ignorance regarding the general issues that I am attempting to discover and discuss during the course of the research - many of which I have by now laid out clearly in this thread - as well as the methodology required to meet the standards expected in the field of cultural studies. This is a simple project, and the goals are relatively straightforward compared to many studies that are conducted by professionals in the fields of cultural heritage and anthropology.

-Gregory