View Single Post
Old 03-29-23, 06:50 AM
Breadfan

Bikes: Niner RLT 9, 1972 Nishiki Road Compe, Jamis Renegade, Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 40 Posts
Well, I got a little worried about the fit of the Grizl 6 and I’ve decided to scrap that mission. I’m going to do what I have wanted to do along, and that is to build a gravel bike form the frame up. Last night I ordered a Tiagra groupset (with hydraulic brakes, of course), a DT Swiss 1800 Wheelset, a set of Continental Tierra 700cx40mm tires and I got a pretty good deal on a Chinese aluminum frame and steel fork, it should be good and it’s just to get me started. Ritchey bars also ordered and I will hold off on the neck and try a few of mine first. Brooks B17 seat ordered. The real end goal of this adventure was to braze a very light steel lugged frame and that will be in the forefront once I get this bike built. I just needed something in the meantime to get me by, but have all of parts and the groupset I wanted when the time came. I will start another thread soon. Thanks to everyone for the replies, you have been very helpful. And amusing. Cool site.
Likes For Breadfan: