Old 03-30-23, 09:33 AM
danaconstance

Bikes: 71 Schwinn Paramount P15-9, 86 Panasonic Team Europe II, 83 Masi 3V, 84 Cinelli Unica, 72 Freschi Super Criterium, 16 Bianchi Infinito CV, 16 Bianchi L'Eroica, 85 Ross Mt. Hood, 97 VooDoo Erzulie, 15 Salsa Woodsmoke, 18 Ibis Hakka MX

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by custermustache
I just scored a gorgeous Ross MT something or other in chrome, and it has frame braze on for a shoulder strap that is long gone. I paid a pittiance for the bike because the owner had stripped out the crankarm threads and couldn't remove it. Two seconds with a "pickle fork" and it was off, and now I'm trying to decide wether I want to keep it or not, because it is nice and shiny. I'll take photos later, but now I want to know if I can find a strap to fill those holes with. Conversley, if you have any interesting ideas for things to put in the holes I'm open to it.

This is one that I have been looking for a long time - I may have to keep this one for a while, but it woudl make number 10, and I'd start to think I have a problem.

Maybe.
@custermustache - Curious if you ever did settle on a solutiion for the shoulder strap on the Ross MTB? I recently got a chrome Ross Mt. Hood in great shape and planning on taking to the Cino Rider in Montana this July. I would love to be able to show up to the vintage event with a shoulder strap in place.