View Single Post
Old 03-31-23, 08:37 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4505 Post(s)
Liked 4,190 Times in 2,804 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
I bought a bunch of Bell bike tires on closeout at $2 each. They suck but for $2 I figured I might need a set during the zombie apocalypse.
The problem with that is for emergency situations you want a known quantity that you can rely on if you are doing any sort of prep. The only reason to use the Bell tires is you need tires for your bike and you are stuck in a wally mart as the zombies are attacking and need to get out quickly.

Bell does not make tires, they are a helmet maker and their decent non-wally mart stuff is good. I had one I liked enough for the price.

To the poster who mentioned Serfas...oy vey those were terrible tires, we had people who would buy new tires monthly because they refused to spend money on a good tire and would wear out those crappy things so often. I really disliked selling their products thankfully we got rid of it after our buyer finally realized nobody liked it and we hated selling it.
Likes For veganbikes: