Old 04-06-23, 08:45 PM
sbarner 
Paramount Fan

Bikes: Paramounts, Raleigh Pros, Colnago, DeRosa, Gios, Masis, Pinarello, R. Sachs, Look, D. Moulton, Witcomb, Motobecane, Bianchis, Fat City, Frejus, Follis, Waterford, Litespeed, d'Autremont, others, mostly '70s-'80s

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 265 Times in 141 Posts
Originally Posted by AdventureManCO

Oh, and how dare you call it a 'little farce'.

There is nothing 'little' about it, especially weight-wise.

I think 'heavy farce' has a nicer ring, don't you?
I was applying the dictionary definition of the word:
a comic dramatic work using buffoonery and horseplay and typically including crude characterization and ludicrously improbable situations.
I think that about nails it, wouldn't you agree?

On the seat post, I see no reason why the donor post has to be any specific diameter. For all the different ODs that Campy offered, there may have been only one or at most a few IDs, as the post was turned down to the desired size. I'd suggest having a straight aluminum post turned down to the correct diameter and then cut off the Campy post and bore it out to fit the outside of the straight post. If you want to get fancy, they could be welded (and that might mean you can simply cut the Campy post square), or epoxy the straight post into the bore in the Campy head and drill and insert a pin through the joint as a reinforcement. None of this should be hard for a hack with a lathe. Oh, that's me. If you want to send me a suitable Campy donor post, I can work it up for you.
Likes For sbarner: