View Single Post
Old 04-07-23, 06:45 PM
VegasJen

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked 561 Times in 303 Posts
So I spent some time tweeking the adjustments on the Ridley this week. It could still use just a little more fine tuning, but man, I am really liking this bike now. I'm still worried about steep inclines with this gearing but at least now I can make use of every gear available. The bike is really quick. But I'm going to have to replace the 23c tires. Where I ride, I am often the victim of wire debris from shredded steel belted radials. 23c tires seem to be magnets for those things. Two out of three rides in the last two weeks and I've had to perform roadside tire repairs. Figure I'll go to 25c next. But when I can afford it (hopefully pick up a good used pair) I'm going to look for some carbon wheels that will comfortably fit a 28c tire.
Originally Posted by t2p
when you get the opportunity get the chainring sizes and cassette (number of sprockets / sizes - number of teeth)

many recent / current road double cranks can often provide low / adequate gearing (with the proper cassette)
I do recall the large front gear is 53 tooth. Don't recall the small one though. 35 maybe? But the rear cassette is a 10-speed cassette. I didn't bother counting individual teeth on it yet.
Likes For VegasJen: