View Single Post
Old 04-10-23, 10:43 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7122 Post(s)
Liked 11,280 Times in 4,816 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasJen
I have since noticed, as with other items at Walmart, they stopped carrying certain lesser name brand items and replaced those items with their own "house" brand. In this case, Blackburn. Gone are individual bike components from various manufacturers, all replaced with similar items under the Blackburn brand. No doubt made from the Walmart owned China factory.
but Blackburn has replaced virtually every other competing product on the shelves. So Blackburn is effectively the "house brand" even if they don't have stake in the company.
Regardless of whether Blackburn is owned by Walmart, they are the de facto house brand now. Walmart has began to stock exclusively Blackburn items. Competing buying options are gone, so Walmart may not own the brand, but if Blackburn makes that item, you won't find a competitor at Wally World now.
I stopped at the local Walmart today and had a quick look in the bike accessories aisle...And found plenty of brands other than Blackburn - sometimes for the same type of product. I suspect this is true at most Walmart stores, including the OP's. But as we know, she has a shaky relationship with the truth.

Yet another assertion on which the OP is -- literally -- completely incorrect.

Likes For Koyote: