Old 04-11-23, 09:47 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11063 Post(s)
Liked 7,626 Times in 4,253 Posts
Originally Posted by SoSmellyAir
2. Makes no sense: Synapse Carbon vs. CAAD13. The current Synapse is an endurance bike which is marketed as more of a lifestyle bike and not really comparable to a race bike.
Explain to me how one of these is a 'lifestyle bike' while the other is a 'race bike'. These are the frame sizes I would ride, if I owned either bike. The stack and reach measurements are so close that a stem swap will account for the difference. A handlebar swap would do much of the same too. Both of those are common changes that people make when they buy a bike, so its not like there is extreme adjusting required.
Trail measurement is the same, so they will feel the same at the front end when steering. Chainstay length is so close that the difference is not even perceptible when riding. Seat tube angles will easily allow the rider to get an identical saddle position on both bikes. Wheelbase length is the same. Front Center measurement is nearly identical. BB drop is basically the same, so the bikes will feel the same for someone 'sitting on vs sitting in' the bikes.

How is that Synapse not really comparable to a race bike, when the CAAD13 is a race bike?