View Single Post
Old 04-14-23, 12:05 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 798 Post(s)
Liked 1,863 Times in 1,061 Posts
Originally Posted by terrymorse
I was disappointed to learn that Clif Bar is discontinuing their Clif Shots, which have been filling up my jersey pockets for decades.

I guess that's what happens when a good company gets bought out by the corporation that makes Cadbury candies.

I just bought out the last of their mocha flavor from Clif Bar website.

Got any recommendations for other decent gels?
I've been using Bolt by Pro Bar, easy on the stomach.

While not a gel, if you have a Fresh Market in your area, they have these things they call Power Chews. Basically rice cake type of things, but in a much smaller cube. Almonds, Brown rice, Honey Cranberries, some other stuff. They are fantastic and I take them in a small baggie, 10 or 12 of them and eat them on the long rides. I figure they are about 40 cal per cube, so If I eat 3 or so an hour along with my mix in my bottles, I am good for the rides with an an occasional gel block. I used to make my own, but these are very tasty and very convenient. There are where you can get nuts and seeds

Last edited by jaxgtr; 04-14-23 at 12:19 PM.
Likes For jaxgtr: