View Single Post
Old 04-22-23, 03:10 PM
kaos joe

Bikes: Trek 5200, Rivendell Atlantis, Soma DoubleCross, Bilenky Signature tandem, Cannondale RT3000 tandem, Santa Cruz TallBoy, Kona Explosif, Bridgestone MB2

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 90 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve B.
That's a nice bike. I wanted the ES, they were out of stock so got a regular Smoothie. Nice riding bike..... Best of luck with the Soma, they make nice bikes.
Thank you, I'm enjoying it although it also causes a bit of a redundancy "problem" which is a problem I like having.

That's not the original fork. The original is a steel unicrown which has nice clearances but is quite heavy, read cheap.....I think it actually weighs more than the STRONG steel forks on my tandems. I bought that IRD Mosaic 57 which will just clear a 32mm tire. I put 30's on this bike which is enough for anything I'm going to do with it.

The one oddity with this rig is the amount of toe overlap which I have to be conscious of at very low speed. The fork has a 43mm rake which as far as I know is nothing unusual. It is what it is, the bike rides and handles nicely.